Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: Obsidian (Jennifer Armentrout)


Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is....








Wow...Never in a million years did I think that I would become completely obsessed with a love story regarding ALIENS!!!!!!! Boy was I WRONG! This book is completely and utterly fascinating. ON the front of the book it states that "you will not be able to put it down"....well that is a TRUE statement! I found myself turning pages way into the night....This book has it all! Great plot, lots of suspense, an amazing love story, and it is a truly believable story line. This is one of those books that I was so completely involved in that I could believe it to be true. Daimon is breathtaking. He has all the qualities that make him irresistible. He is handsome, strong, protective, fierce, and loves completely. The female character known as "Kitten" to Daimon..(ha) is human but yet there is something about her that links her to Dee and Daimon and the others...She has a kindred feel for them and understands their situations....Again I will not give away any part of the story except to say that if you are wanting to read a great young adult/fantasy story then you will greatly enjoy this.....now on to #2 Onyx.....looks like its gonna be a long night with my book light ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment