Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Best Books I've Read in 2012

The best book I have read this year would have to be Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. What an amazing book and what an incredible story!! The world building in this book is just breathtaking. I loved every single moment. 

I would say the next favorite would be Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This is another amazing book with great characters, wonderful storyline, and an world that just pulls you in. I cannot wait to read the sequel. 

My next favorite would be Sanctum by Sarah Fine. This book is dark, creepy, and FANTASTIC. I loved every aspect of this book from the characters to the incredibly scary world. This book brings about questions of suicide but also shows how teens can overcome their fears and doubts and live fully. I just cannot SCREAM enough praise about this book!!

Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London is also another incredible book. It is a teen vampire story with a twist. The love story is breathtaking and the vampires are creepy. This all makes for one amazing book!

Defiance by CJ Redwine is also another favorite of mine. I love the historical aspect of the story line. The world is built with castles and gives a feel of the time when knights were around. I love the main character. She is so strong and driven and her story was so heartbreaking. The love story between the two also had me turning pages well into the night. 

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa is DEFINITELY one of my most favorites! I love a good vampire story and I love Julie Kagawa! What a mixture! All I can say is it is a MUST read if you love a good vampire tale!

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins is an altogether different story. I'm not sure what genre to place this in. The story is not about overcoming evil but accepting it and using it to help the good. Does that make sense? I know it sounds crazy but it was an incredible book and you just must read it for yourself!


Siege by Rhiannon Frater is one of my most favorite zombie books I have ever read. YES I love zombie books. People see "zombie" and automatically think its all blood and guts. well let me be the one to tell you that it is NOT. Siege has amazing characters and you love each and every one of them. The events that they go thru and the triumph that they achieve just makes the story fantastic. 

Fifty Shade of Grey....yep it made my list. Sorry but I am a sucker for romance and this book is full of it...as well as other aspects of romance! HA! 

I cant name just one of them but ANY AND ALL of the Iron Fey trilogy by Julie Kagawa rounds up my Top 10. And I can tell you that there are so many more books that should be on this list but I cant name them all!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment