Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Review: Dance of Shadows



Dancing with someone is an act of trust. Elegant and intimate; you're close enough to kiss, close enough to feel your partner's heartbeat. But for Vanessa, dance is deadly – and she must be very careful who she trusts . . .

Vanessa Adler attends an elite ballet school – the same one her older sister, Margaret, attended before she disappeared. Vanessa feels she can never live up to her sister's shining reputation. But Vanessa, with her glorious red hair and fair skin, has a kind of power when she dances – she loses herself in the music, breathes different air, and the world around her turns to flames . . .

Soon she attracts the attention of three men: gorgeous Zep, mysterious Justin, and the great, enigmatic choreographer Josef Zhalkovsky. When Josef asks Vanessa to dance the lead in the Firebird, she has little idea of the danger that lies ahead – and the burning forces about to be unleashed....



My Review:

First off, the cover for this book is one of my all-time favorites. How beautiful and breath-taking..I wanted to read it immediately.
The story is so different from anything I have read. It is a young adult novel/suspense story. I love the fact that it has to do with ballerinas and immediately fell in love with the characters. The author uses specific details to describe the characters and I loved that. I felt like I could really imagine the characters and get a feel of what they were going thru. The main character Vanessa is thrown into an elite ballet school after her older sister suddenly disappears. She is a magnificent dancer and attracts the attention of the choreographer almost immediately. Vanessa is thrown into the world of dancing as well as another darker world that she has to face. Along the way she finds herself drawn to two completely different guys and the love triange begins... I love the relationship she has with the friends in the book and the humor that is added in at just the right moment to balance out the suspense. The ending was incredible. I could not put it down. You find yourself asking so many questions throughout the book and the author successfully answers them all...as well as  (of course) leaving a cliffhanger at the end...
I found myself loving the story more and more and finished the book within three days. If you love ballets, romance, suspense, and a great story then this is most definitely the book for you!! I am looking forward to the 2nd one!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review! I have a copy of this and now I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. New follower by the way from Heather's Book Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like I have another book to add to my TBR list for this year! new follower :) follow back? www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for ballet books. I agree. That cover is blow me away gorgeous! Thanks for your review. New follower, looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete