Monday, December 17, 2012

Review: Phoenix Angel: Gerry & Hall


Maggie is a normal teenager, trudging her way through senior year with her best friend, Lily. Then a boy named Kyle Spencer came to Idaho Falls, and since then everything has fallen apart. Something mysterious has passed among the three friends. They are developing terrifying abilities--strange powers that separate them from normal people.Even worse, someone--or something--has taken a deadly interest in them. They never know when they are going to strike, or how to protect themselves, or even who they are. All friends know is that they want one alive and the others they want dead. Which one will Maggie be?


My Review:
OK first off...I am not a big fan of several different point of views. I like to be able to feel and understand one maybe two different people but not more than that. So I had a hard time loving this book. The main character for at least the first couple of chapters, Maggie, was a very crude, unlikable person and that threw me off from the beginning. I like characters who you can connect with and feel for and she was so mean that I cared nothing for her. Now I will say that I did like her love interest Kyle..He was fascinating..of course..the always there when he needed her type and wanting to "Save" her. I did love that aspect. But then the story goes on to change to several different people including her best friend Lily. The book had lots of "high school" drama and just really didn't suit me. I would recommend this book to possibly anyone who likes book such as The Lightning Thief...It has that kind of vibe to it. All in all it was not a bad book..It had drama and romance, yet it just wasn't my cup of tea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment