Sunday, June 14, 2015

5 STAR ARC HarperTeen Review: Red Queen (Victoria Aveyard)

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Hardcover: 383 pages
Publishing Date: February 10th 2015 

Publisher: Orion/HarperTeen


The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.
To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.
Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre ofthose she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.
But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?
Victoria Aveyard
I'm a screenwriter/YA author who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.
My book RED QUEEN will be published Winter 2015 from HarperTeen at HarperCollins. I'm repped by the incomparable Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.



OK...Let me first say that Red Queen is BY FAR my most favorite book that I have read this year..I mean WOW...From the very first page to the very last page..I was completely and utterly obsessed. This amazing book has it all....action, suspense, mystery, romance, and a twist that will have your head spinning!!! 

“It's our nature. We destroy. It's the constant of our kind. No matter the color of blood, man will always fall.” 

Red Queen is about the life of Mare Barrow. Mare is a young girl living in a world where people are divided into two classes according to the color of their blood. They are either Red blooded or Silver blooded. The Red blood are the servants of the Silver blood. Silvers have everything...riches, money, food, status. 

Mare was born a Red and has lived her entire life as a thief trying to support her very poor family. When a surprising event occurs...Mare is brought into the Silver world to live as a Silver and has been promised to marry the prince of the Silvers, whose name is Maven. Maven also has a brother named Cal who is first in line for the throne and as it seems....first in line for Mare's heart......(Yes here comes the love triangle...and it is a GOOD one...)

“His lips are on mine, hard and warm and pressing. The touch is electrifying, but not like I'm used to. This isn't a spark of destruction, but a spark of life. As much as I want to pull away, I just can't do it. Cal is a cliff and I throw myself over the edge, not bothering to think of what it could do to us both. One day he'll realize I'm his enemy, and all this will be a far-gone memory. But not yet.”

Little does Mare know, there is a war going on....a war that will change the lives of Reds and Silvers with each passing day and Mare has been thrown right in the middle. 

“Anyone can betray anyone.”

There are so many secrets in Red Queen and so many twists that literally took my breath away.....It is hard to try and write and SCREAM about what I really want to because I am afraid I will give something away. All I can say is that this book is PHENOMENAL...I mean absolutely amazing. When I say I could not put this book down....I literally mean I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!!!!!! 

If you are a fan of action, intrigue, suspense, and romance then this book is for you!!!!! It is by far the best Young Adult book this year....You are truly missing out if you have not bought this book!!!! I CANNOT wait to read the sequel...and Victoria Aveyard just hit the top of my favorite authors list!!!!! 





**The quotes from this book have been taken from an Advanced Reading Copy and are subject to change when the final book is printed. Please refer to the final, finished copy for exact quotes!**

**I want to say Thank You to HarperTeen/Orion for the opportunity to review this book!!**




1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you: this was one of my favourites this year too! I can’t wait for the second book–THAT ENDING :O :O :O Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete